Here's a poem to start off the new school year
Year eight is meant to be an easy year!
Eventually though the work piles on...
At least I have awesome people in my class
Really, though, I'm feeling good about this year
Eventually though the work piles on...
At least I have awesome people in my class
Really, though, I'm feeling good about this year
Eight is the number of the year I am in
It is also the number of assessments I have
Greatness is what I will achieve this year!
How long until I finish this poem?
This poem is now done.
I have 1742 days left.
I know this sounds grim, but it isn't so bad. Starting year eight has given me a new outlook on high school. In year seven I went from being the big cool kid in primary school, to the baby of high school. It came with so many new responsibilities, new friends, new teachers, more homework. I wondered if I'd ever truly fit in, know my place and understand this new, strange place. But here I am over a year later and I feel pretty good. I know all of the girls in my year, all of my teachers and I really know my way around school. Seeing all the scared little faces of the new year sevens made me think back to when I started...
I searched anxiously for the few people I knew in the playground. Moving 12 hours away from my old home, to a new school was very daunting. This day would just be the icing on the cake. I could hear people saying that all the year sevens needed to move to some hall. I said goodbye to my mum, I didn't want to, but I also didn't want to look like a little kid on my first day at "big" school...
Those are some of the first memories I have of year seven. Although they aren't very positive or happy I am really exited that for the past few weeks I have been making the first memories of year eight. It's a new year and I'm feeling good! Now excuse me, but I have to go off and make a few more memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment